These are 15 GIFs that I hope explains why people should keep an open mind about what they say. You never know who is hiding something.
- “I’m so glad I don’t know what it’s like to have depression, you know?”
Many people should be happy about this. But it’s very ironic when this topic comes up in conversation and people ask you, thinking you have no idea. It’s almost delightful knowing that you have gotten away with it.
2. Finally being alone after going out.
I do not like going out often. If I do go out, it’s not willingly. The second I get to escape I finally get to relax. Put down the fake exterior and persona.
3. “I just don’t get why people self harm. It’s so stupid.”
There’s only so many things you can defend with out people catching on. You unwillingly have to agree, but that doesn’t mean you have to say anything. You just hang in there till you can leave.
4. “People who say they have depression just need to cheer up and get over themselves.”
I will be honest, before I dealt with anything like this I had said the same thing. It’s not something that one can just get over. It’s severe and invisible, but it’s there. You can’t tell people about their ignorance though, they will understand some day. When someone they know or love opens up to them, they will understand.
5. “Those people just want attention.”
When was the last time you saw someone waving their scars around? Or bragging about how many times they forced themselves to starve? It’s not something that people are proud of. It’s not something they want everyone to know about. It’s something that is private and personal. A way for each person to handle the different stress of their lives.
6. When someone points out one of your scars and you have to make up some story.
Here we go again.
7. When someone clearly accepts you lie and moves on.
Wait. Really? Are you really going to believe that load of shit? Okay. Fair enough. Moving on.
8. “Ew, your music is so emo.”
You don’t like it you can leave.
9. When you’re biting your tongue when you just want to scream.
So many times.
10. Deciding whether or not you should tell someone.
There are so many obstacles. What if they hate you? What if they judge you? What if they call you crazy? You know you should tell someone, but you never know who you can trust.
11. “You should cover that up, people might think you cut yourself.”
Yes. I have heard this more than once. Someone believes some bogus story about a faulty belt or an angry cat and then say something like this. What can you do?
12. When someone who knows points it out in public.
Look, if someone opens up to you, don’t you dare talk about it to anyone else, or in front of anyone else. It’s not your place.
13. “I totally get it, I mean I get so depressed after Christmas ends I could die.”
Yeah, because that is exactly the same thing.
14. “Don’t lie to me. I know better.”
Usually, when someone cares enough, they will figure it out on their own. But there is no denying the terrifying feeling you get when someone says that.
15. When someone is actually there for you.
These people deserve metals. People who know someones deepest secret, and stays by them and helps them without judging. Seriously, do those people exist? If so, props. You all are amazing.